Oct 26, 2017

Blade Runner 2049



I took a break from baby stuff to see the new Blade Runner movie. Considering that Blade Runner is one of my all time favourites, I was a bit apprehensive about the new film, but I loved it! The movie captures the strange, dreamlike feel of the original but still feels fresh. So many movies nowadays are chock full of action and incomprehensible plot twists just for the sake of having them, no matter if they fit the story or not. This movie has An Actual Plot with Actual Complex Characters and it takes the time to tell the story, lets it breathe. There are enough nods to the original Blade Runner to keep the fans happy, but you could enjoy the film even if you haven't seen the original. And I love the fact that this is actually an independent sequel, not a remake, or a remake masquerading as a sequel (Star Wars, I'm looking at you. How many times can you blow up a Death Star anyway?).

So, great movie. Definitely go see it if you like the original. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, stranger. What's on your mind?