Apr 1, 2016

Did You Get April Fooled?

Yup, it's that time of year again. I didn't put up an April fool, because I think they're kind of mean, but I thought I'd share the little rhyme people in Finland use to mock those that get fooled.


                                          "Aprillia, syö silliä, juo kuravettä päälle!"


                  (Translation: April fools', eat herring, wash it down with muddy water.)

     
                                             Aaand, once more in Swedish:


                      "April, april, din dumma sill, jag kan lura dig vart jag vill!"


     (Translation: April Fools', April Fools', you stupid herring, I can lure you where I will.)


                                                Isn't tradition great?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, stranger. What's on your mind?