Jun 12, 2015

Diableries

I knew I had to have this the moment I saw it at the bookstore. It's a collection of French stereoscopic prints of life in hell. 'Diableries' translates roughly as 'devilments.' The book was published by the London Stereoscopic Company, and you can check out more prints here.







I couldn't resist flipping through all the pictures first, but there's a lot of interesting stuff in the text, too. 




Look at all the skeletons! These prints are amazing through the stereoscope.


You gotta love a beautiful book, and this one is a work of art in its own right. 



That's the device. Works, too.

I know, I like weird stuff, the weirder the better, and I'm always looking to add to my collection. Any recs? 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, stranger. What's on your mind?